Friday, January 18, 2008

RTC Should Tell Which Bus Would Leave When

Help the passenger choose the next immediate bus: RTC should care for a passenger's waiting time in the bus stand

Passengers are left confused about which particular bus (of the many buses kept in bay) will start first! APSRTC has to awaken to this awkward practice of it.

A few years ago, I was in Simhachalam RTC bus stand and looking for the next immediate bus to go to VIZAG. There were many buses with Vizag name board. But no bus had a placard to say that it would leave at a particular time; nor any member of the crew was available to answer our query as to when that particular bus would start. The person at the inquiry told me that any bus parked in the bay would go, and advised me to get into any bus. When I chose to sit in a bus and was waiting for the bus crew to come, more than four other buses left for VIZAG while the one in which I was sitting did not start; I was puzzled at the way RTC fails to keep the passengers informed of at which particular point of time a particular bus leaves. When I came out of the bus which was not moving and sat in another bus, the bus, from which I came out to board another, left immediately. What an anguish!

It happened today also when I was waiting at Secunderabad for a bus to Mallapur . I sat in Bus No.250P but the crew got down without informing when the bus would resume journey. Before my eyes, two buses which are set to touch my destimation left while I was left sitting and waiting in the bus with my baggage; when baggage is there, it is not possible to change bus quickly. This has resulted in a delay of 45 minutes in my commute to my destination.

APSRTC has to make some standard arrangement to let passengers know when a particular bus (which is parked in the bay/bus stand) will leave. One solution which crosses my mind immediately is to write with a piece of chalk on an important part of the bus- like bus notice board/windshield/door.

RTC should not only facilitate commute of the public but save their time also while commuting in their buses.

No comments: